When you use our services at www.vidagopalace.com, we may collect information through cookies.
Cookies are small files of numbers and letters that are stored in your browser when visiting a website.
This information is used to offer you a more personalised service, enabling improved performance and a better browsing experience, while both increasing the speed and efficiency of the website’s responsiveness and eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information. Placement of cookies will help the website recognise the device the next time you visit the website.
The cookies used on the website do not collect personal information that identifies the user, keeping only generic information, namely the form or place/country of access of the user and how the website is used. Cookies only retain information related to user preferences.
V.M.P.S. – Águas e Turismo S.A. uses different types of cookies on the website:
- Analytic Cookies – These cookies are used to analyse how you use the website, allowing the highlighting of services that may be of interest to you, and to monitor website performance by knowing the most popular pages, the most effective method of linking between pages or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. These cookies are used only for purposes of statistical creation and analysis, without ever collecting personal information. Therefore, V.M.P.S. – Águas e Turismo S.A. can provide a high-quality experience by customising what is offered to you and quickly identifying and correcting any issues that may arise;
- Multimedia Cookies (Flash cookies) – These cookies are used to record technical data necessary for video and/or audio content playback, namely concerning image quality, link speed and buffering parameters;
- Third-Party Cookies – These cookies measure the application success and effectiveness of third-party advertising. They can also be used to customise a widget with user data.
Regarding their validity, cookies may be:
- Permanent Cookies – These are cookies that are stored on access devices (computer, mobile phone, smartphone or tablet) at the browser level and are used each time the user visits the website, contributing to the provision of a more personalised service.
- Session Cookies – These cookies are temporary and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. The information enables the identification of problems and the provision of a better user experience.
Cookies have a maximum duration of 5 years. Longer durations are only considered in exceptional circumstances, such as safety issues and in case of absolute necessity.
We never sell the information collected through cookies, nor do we make it available to third parties.
You may disable some or all cookies at any time. All browsers allow users to accept, decline or delete cookies by managing the settings in their browser.
To do so, follow the instructions below:
Cookies Settings in Internet Explorer – Disable cookies
- Click the "Tools” menu and choose the "Internet Options” option;
- Select the "Privacy” tab;
- Move the slider to the top, where "Block all cookies” will appear.
Note: There are several levels of enabling and disabling cookies in Internet Explorer. For more information about cookie settings in Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft page:
Cookies Settings in Chrome – Disable cookies
- Click the Chrome menu in the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy” section, click the Content settings button.
- Select the "Block definition of data by websites” option.
You may change the following cookie settings in the "Cookies” section:
- Delete cookies;
- Block cookies by default;
- Allow cookies by default;
- Keep website cookies and data by default until you exit your browser;
- Create exceptions for cookies from specific websites or domains.
Note: There are several levels of enabling and disabling cookies in Google Chrome. For more information about cookie settings in Google Chrome, go to:
Cookies Settings in Mozilla Firefox – Disable cookies
- Click the "Tools” menu;
- Select "Options”;
- Click on the "Privacy” icon in the top panel;
- In the "Cookies” section disable the "Accept cookies from websites” option;
- Click "OK” to save your changes and close.
Note: There are several levels of enabling and disabling cookies in Mozilla Firefox. For more information about cookie settings in Mozilla Firefox, go to:
Cookies settings in Safari iOS and Desktop – Disable cookies
- Click "Edit”;
- Select "Preferences”;
- In the top panel, select the "Privacy” icon;
- In the "Accept Cookies” section, select "Never”.
Note: There are several levels of enabling and disabling cookies in Safari. For more information about cookie settings in Safari, go to:
Go to the "help” menu of the browser.
Note: By disabling cookies, the website may not function properly.
A V.M.P.S. – Águas e Turismo S.A. reserves the right to make adjustments or changes at any time to this Cookies Policy and such changes will be duly posted on the website.
This Privacy Cookies was last updated on March, 2019.